Following the success of some of the most popular social networking websites like Facebook, most organizations are looking into having their own private social network as a platform to promote and interact with their participants.
A social networking service is an online service, platform, or site that focuses on facilitating the building of social networks or social relations among people who, for example, share interests, activities, backgrounds, or real-life connections. Be it a fan club, organization intranet or special interest group, social networking features has proven to be effective in engaging constant user participation.
Mechanics of our social networking portal:
- User registration and profiling
- Find friends and connect to them
- User and group photo galleries
- Private messaging system
- Online chat or instant messaging
- Send virtual gifts or nudges
- Privacy options for page access control
- Real time status updates (like Facebook status)
- Activity stream
- Integration with blogs, videos, forums and online games